The Implications of the Re-Generation for Your Business
A new generation is here – those 20 years old and younger. As they pass through the education system and prepare for the world of work, what are their expectations? From previous research, we know they . . .
- Are savers, defer gratification, prefer a downsized and simpler lifestyle, and are reluctant to incur debt
- Rent, recycle, share, borrow, trade, and barter – and generally access and exchange goods and services in innovative ways
- Never think about how they use technology, quickly adopt and discard products, programs, and apps, and, as a result, feel empowered and authorized to seek answers and act independently
- Improvise and innovate, looking forward to an entrepreneurial life
- Compromise and seek win-win solutions
Re-Gen’s are not an updated version of the Millennials. They need to be understood as a unique cohort of the workforce. What do you need to know and do now to prepare for the Re-Generation? How will you attract the best and brightest members of this fascinating and productive generation to your organization?
This research will capture the beliefs and preferences of this important cohort, just as they’re poised to enter the workforce and to become major consumers. We will look at:
- Key motivators – what they want from education and work
- Trusted sources of information and influence on career choices
- Expectations for the employment relationship
- How lifestyle preferences (for example, regarding work/life balance) affect career decisions
- The importance of non-work factors (such as sustainable practices, environmental impacts, community involvement, philanthropic activity, volunteer opportunities) in their decisions
- Their preferences for location (e.g., region of the country, urban vs. suburban)
And, we will provide specific recommendations for attracting and retaining the Re-Generation.
The research will be directed by Tammy Erickson, a McKinsey Award-winning author and a widely-respected authority on the generations. She is the founder and CEO of Tammy Erickson Associates. Tammy has three- times been named one of the 50 most influential living management thinkers in the world by Thinkers50, the respected ranking of global business thinkers and is an Adjunct Professor, Organisational Behaviour, at London Business School.